Thursday 16 October 2014

"The Third Class Carriage" By: Honore Daumier


                                                   Honore Daumier :The Third Class Carriage

                                                        Cyber ARTS Class Year One

  
Last week we had to to remake a painting, it was "The Third Class Carriage". The one thing that was different about it was that we didn't know what we were drawing. We just saw a little picture and got told to draw what was there and not to draw what we saw. So we did  that but we had to used different shades of value and line in the image at the end we had to build the picture with all of these little pieces.      

I thought that the drawing that we made was not so life like as much as I hoped it was going to be. If you look at it and notice all of the little finger prints in ours compared to the original how Honore Daumier took all of his time to make sure that there was no mistakes in his panting.

Now "unity" I think that our drawing does not have lot of unity because if you see that most of the lines do add up so that I think there is not that much movement. Our drawing had a big thing that I noticed, the shading do not match and that's why it's not in focus. On the other hand the painting that Honore Daumier did it clearly has unity. There is emphasis in places that he wanted to have emphasis and there is nice shading in the panting.

Now when I look at our drawing that we did I don't feel so upset compared to the painting. I feel sad for the people in the carriage how they are forced to go and sit in the back of the carriage while they're getting smoke in their lungs. I also feel like there are noble how they are sitting tall and strong and it looks like most of the passengers have a smile on there face.

At the end I thought that the project that we had to do was pretty fun. I have never done a shading class before and for my first time I think that we did a great job. Good job to all of us if any of you guys are look at this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment